Friday, August 30, 2013

birthday bunting necklace


What I've learned in thirty-one years is that no one voluntarily celebrates the end of August. It's not a magical time: summer weather meets back-to-school rush, and everyone's hot, sticky, and stressed, including the birthday girl. But somehow my lovely people always conspire, between school, work, and catching the bus, to fill my day with sweet things. Love them.

I've had this project pinned for a while, just waiting for the right occasion. As it happens, I had an hour free after teaching today, so I gathered some scraps of lace and leather and made this little bunting. It puts me in mind of picnics and carnivals—all the best of late summer. Happy August. Happy school year. Happy birthday to me. :)




3 comments:

  1. this looks like it would be a perfect accent for so many outfits. beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very sad that you haven't written ever since. I found your blog via newdressaday and liked your creativity very much. I would like to see more of you.
    Greetings from Vienna/Austria.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...