Sunday, April 21, 2013

d.i.y. anthro: doily drops


Wow, was I smitten with Anthro's "Doily Drop" earrings... so shiny and candy-colored... like wearable little petit fours, no? Alas, pink and confectionary though they were, that $198 price tag kept me away. Far, far away. But thanks to some scalloped brass blanks from Etsy and OPI's "Coney Island Cotton Candy" polish (gosh, I wish they paid me to say that), I was able to replicate these little darlings for a fraction of the price tag. Enjoy the silent tutorial.








Like what you see? More Anthropologie knock-offs this way.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stuff is great! I was wondering if you would mind sharing the info on the hand-held punch/ drill press that you used to pierce the blanks? I recently relocated from having access to a great shop to... not, so low-tech options have gained significant appeal! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Of course! I think it's called a screw punch. I got mine at Hobby Lobby in the jewelry or leather craft aisle. But you can also get it here:

      http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/Maddyssupplystore/3911443/Metal_Hole_Punch_2_Two_Hole_Metal_Screw_Punch_Top_Quality/Jewelry_Supplies/Jewelry_Tools/Cutting_Tools

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...