Thursday, February 21, 2013

d.i.y. anthro: threaded twig strand


Since I still have all my jewelry-making stuff out from last week's necklace, I thought I'd try my hand at this little piece, which, I might add, I had pinned way before Anthropologie picked it up. Perhaps, after all this time, Anthro has been the one copying me...? :)

I used a cutting from my rosemary plant and some pretty thread and silver findings from my own stash (yay, free stuff). The trick to this necklace, I discovered, is to keep all four strands tied together at one end of the twig, wrapping one color at a time over the other three strands (see second photo below). That way there aren't multiple starting and stopping points, and you don't have to use any glue until the very end. 

Best part: rosemary-scented jewelry. Enjoy the silent tutorial.







2 comments:

  1. I love this, Kristen! You've inspired me to try my hand at jewelry making again - watch out Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...