|So, this happened.|
This, actually, was not one of my crazy demolition projects. This was a not-so-minor domestic catastrophe which has kicked off a new phase in our home renovation called The Professionals Can Take it from Here.
Bad News first:
- Hailstorms do a number on 20-year-old roofs.
- Sneaky leaks lead to heavy, soggy drywall ceilings.
- Which collapse without warning and at the worst possible times.
- Also, it's been a rainy few days.
- There's nothing quite like the sound of a steady stream of falling water into a 5-gallon bucket in the corner while you're lesson planning at the kitchen table at 6am.
- We're getting a new ceiling and a pretty new roof (before-and-afters to come).
- Some much-needed exterior work will (finally) get done around here: new siding, paint, storm doors, gutters...
- We're going green(er) with rain barrels to collect water for our garden!
- Someone else (who is not me and who has done this before) will be completing all this work.
- I will be documenting the project from the backyard, sipping a homemade pumpkin latte and enjoying the lovely fall weather with the Bettys, instead of from within ever-accumulating layers of sawdust and self-doubt.