Friday, May 20, 2011

party platters, pt. 1


Last weekend, M and I hosted a little gathering to celebrate all the good things about spring 2011: warmer days, sprouting gardens and (yes!) graduation.

As a present to me, M took charge of the menu for the evening.  He hunted down a couple of Melting Pot recipes (delight!): Wisconsin Trio and Dark Chocolate Raspberry (delight! delight!), and he enlisted the help of my parents for day-of prep and cooking.

Thanks to M (x) and Mum and Dad (xx), I had time to make some extra-fancy dishes on which to serve the berries and other tidbits for dipping in the extra-fancy fondue.  So while the fam was melting Butterk√§se and measuring Chambord, I selected a few items from my stash of thrifted goods, some vintage-y saucers and brass candlesticks, and set to work...


Gorilla Glue!

Weighting down candlesticks with classics.

More to come...

2 comments:

  1. This is maybe the cutest idea ever. Consider it shamelessly stolen for a summer project for yours truly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's yours! Just know that you will very quickly and cheaply run out of cabinet space... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...