Wednesday, May 25, 2011

mending wednesday

Wash on Monday
Iron on Tuesday
Mend on Wednesday
Churn on Thursday
Clean on Friday
Bake on Saturday
Rest on Sunday

They tell me this little darling little catalog of feminine duties came over on the Mayflower.  Along with scurvy.  Thankfully it's no longer 1620, M does most of the "baking" and "washing" around here, and I've never found myself the weekly guarantor of the household butter supply.

I did happen, however, to have a Mending Wednesday today.  I unearthed a pile of dresses from my closet that I've literally been pinning on to myself for months.  Many's the time when all that kept me from some sort of public display was a flimsy safety pin or two.  But we're out of danger now, thanks to Mending Wednesday and the earth rotating backward on its axis.  So here's to Colonial-standard modesty (and to never, ever having a dedicated "ironing" day).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...